Never Too Young to Teach & Never Too Old to Learn

I believe that nobody knows so much that they cannot learn more from others, and nobody knows so little that they cannot benefit someone by sharing their insights.

I get a lot of advice from people on YouTube. When there are literally thousands of people watching ourΒ videos from all over the globe, I have to accept that I’m going to get a lot of opinions. πŸ™‚ I’m always open to considering all of them, and even if I don’t agree I try to understand the other person’s point of view. One YouTuber actually made a big impact on me this past week, and I’d like to share our conversation with you. I found out after I took her advice that she was only 13, and she admitted from the beginning that she had no grooming experience. Here’s how it all went down:

threasa arangamparambil 3 weeks ago
Just a little tip: I don’t know anything about grooming but I know some things about dogs maybe you should introduce the items you use on him first before you just go on doing it because she doesn’t know what you are doing to her and that makes her feel insecure so I would let her smell the items and make sure she is completely calm and make sure you are calm too she will feed off of that and even when you said she was starting to like she was still a little anxious so you just have to be very wary of her body language. Just my 2 cents πŸ™‚

thedoggroomer2012 3 weeks ago
+threasa arangamparambil That’s great advice – thank you! I think you’re right, and I appreciate you sharing your observations with me πŸ™‚

threasa arangamparambil 1 week ago
Nice to know I made a difference πŸ™‚ good luck with your business plz tell me if it helped! +thedoggroomer2012

thedoggroomer2012 1 week ago
+threasa arangamparambil Thank you so much! You’re so nice πŸ™‚ It really did help, and I love to blow the force dryer on my own face in front of the dog to let the dog know that it’s no big deal πŸ™‚ You’re awesome!

threasa arangamparambil 5 days ago
Oh my gosh that’s awesome I am so glad it all about your energy thanks so much your so nice and awesome as well I’m only 13 so it’s so cool to know I helped a professional groomer +thedoggroomer2012

thedoggroomer2012 1 day ago
+threasa arangamparambil That’s so wonderful! At such an early age you already have so much insight and observational skills. I believe the truth is the truth no matter at what age it is expressed. πŸ™‚ My seven year-old yelled at me for not washing my hands after I would go to the bathroom. This was when we were working out of the house, and she was six at the time. I explained that I’m grooming dogs so it doesn’t matter. “YOU WANT THE DOGS TO GET SICK?? You have dirty germs on your hands and you could get the dogs sick! Is that what you want? You want to get everybody sick? Huh?” Those were here exact words, as best as I can remember them πŸ™‚
So needless to say, I now wash my hands after going potty – even when I’m grooming dirty dogs ;-D

The link to the video, and the actual conversation:Β https://youtu.be/U-Ycr6Hhjfo

I remember hearing a story that I really liked that emphasizes my point. One day a boy saw a group of policemen, firemen, ambulances, and other service professionals all gathered around a bus that had wedged itself under a bridge. The bus was too tall make it under the bridge and had been going too fast to stop. It ended up completely stuck, and no matter how hard they tried nobody could figure out how to get the bus out from under the bridge. The little boy studied the scene for a minute and looked up at a police officer and asked, “Why don’t they just take the air out of the tires?” The police officer laughed and walked over to the group of grown men to share the little boy’s idea. Minutes later, with the tires deflated, the bus was easily pulled out from under the bridge.

Sometimes what we need is not a bunch of know-it-alls to figure out a better way to do things. Sometimes what we really need is a fresh, new perspective that only a child can give us. I am learning every day that I must always be open to learn from everyone every day.